10 Ways To Upcycle Your Halloween Pumpkins
By: The Cleancult Team
October 18, 2022
One of the biggest sources of Halloween waste? Pumpkins!
Here are 10 different ways to recycle, reuse, and repurpose everyone’s favorite squash.
1. Eat The Seeds. Roast ‘em, salt ‘em, throw a little olive oil on ‘em, and enjoy this eco-friendly, yummy treat.
2. Make Pumpkin Puree. Forget the canned stuff at the store. Whip up some homemade puree and get ready for Thanksgiving.
3. Cook Pumpkin Soup. Combine your puree with yummy ingredients like chicken stock, salt, pepper, onion, garlic, parsley, and cream.
4. Make Veggie Stock. Keep your pumpkin’s stringy guts! Their insides, along with other veggies, make yummy veggie stock.
5. Reuse For Thanksgiving Decor. Repurpose your uncut pumpkins as Thanksgiving decorations. They look great inside and outside the home.
6. Use The Puree For A Natural Facial. Take your pumpkin purim and add honey, coconut oil, or whole milk for a rejuvenating facial cream.
7. Make Your Own Pumpkin Spice Latte. Combine pumpkin puree, vanilla, pumpkin pie spice, milk, and a touch of sugar and espresso for a drink that’s anything but basic.
8. Bake Pumpkin Bread. Yummy, seasonal, and makes your house smell amazing.
9. Compost ‘Em! Add your Jack-O-Lanterns to your compost bin. They’ll give your garden some rich nutrients.
10. Donate To A Food Pantry. Give unwanted pumpkins to your local food bank. It’ll serve your community in more ways than one.