Different Types of Detergent
By: The Cleancult Team
July 12, 2017
Any substance that is used to clean the laundry is called detergent. There are different types of detergent used depending upon the type of laundry, the amount of dirt in them, the hardness of stains or as per the requirements of the cloth. Most often, when we speak of laundry, we are generally concerned with what it is, our clothes, sheets, towels or that matter even our shoes! But ever thought about the product used to wash them all? Well, if not, it high time that we'll go through a whole bunch of different types of detergent available today.
Let Us Have A Look At The Different Types Of Detergent Available In The Market:
Broadly speaking, when it comes to different types of detergents, there are a lot many available, 1) DIY 2) conventional 3) powder 4) liquid 5) Non Toxic. Let us study them one by one and learn about the benefits and flaws of each one of them:
- DIY: DIY homemade laundry detergents are an easy way to save some bucks. You can give them the fragrance of your choice and select the ingredients as per your comfort and skin suitability. Though they are organic with no toxins and harsh chemicals and last for long, yet they come with their own share of difficulties and challenges. The DIY detergents are less convenient, less effective and efficient than the conventional detergents, take time and are messy to prepare.
- Conventional Detergent: Conventional Laundry detergent, like any other household product, can contain toxic chemicals and even carcinogens. The conventional detergents use chemicals to bring fragrance, the cleaning agents to make the laundry cleaner, the stabilizers to stabilize their shelf life, and bleach, brighteners and phosphates to make the detergents more effective in hard water. Their remains are found to be there on the clothes even after washing and are likely to come into contact with skin, causing irritation.
- Powder detergents: Powder detergents have a longer shelf life than liquid detergents, thus you can easily buy them in bulk without any worry. The main limitation of powder detergents is that, they don’t dissolve well into the liquid and can leave deposits of chalky residue on clothes.
- Liquid detergents: Liquid detergents work great with water, especially in cold water. Before washing the clothes, they can easily be used to pre-treat stains also. However, the limitation with them is that being liquid, they can easily be overused and their packaging also creates more waste.
- Non Toxic detergent Pods: Non-Toxic detergent pods are free from chemicals and are easy to use. They free the user from the chaos of using the correct dose, which often happens naturally. Cleancult is one such non-toxic detergent. It is highly effective and is a box of sensitive laundry pods that combine cleaning, stain removal, and brighteners. The best part is that it is free of Chlorine, Dyes, Phosphates, and Masking Agents. It has also achieved a cleaning rating equivalent to conventional detergents. Since these are hypoallergenic and great for sensitive skin, you can sit, relax and know that you can have clean laundry with great and skin friendly ingredients.