Homemade Laundry Soap Recipe
By: The Cleancult Team
July 03, 2017
Traditional laundry supplies are loaded with toxic ingredients like sulfates, fragrances, phenols and more. Some of them even contain chemicals irritants like petroleum distillates which can be linked with major diseases like cancer or lungs related disease.
Homemade laundry soap recipes will not only help you save money but also get rid your home of toxic chemical cleaners. They are great for laundry sensitive skin.
Here is a list of some great homemade laundry soap recipes that will prevent you from any allergy from soap:
__Recipe 1: Homemade Laundry Soap recipe Ingredients: Washing Soda, Borax Powder, Bar Soap, Baking Soda
- Grate the bar soap and ground it into a smooth mixture.
- Now mix 2 parts washing soda, 2 parts Borax and 1 part grated soap in a big bowl.
- Add half teaspoon of Baking Soda so as to keep the clothes freshen.
- Store in closed container and shake.
- Use 2 Tablespoons to 1/4 cup per load of laundry.
Recipe 2: Homemade Liquid Laundry Soap recipe Ingredients: Washing Soda, Borax Powder, Bar Soap, Baking Soda
- Grate one soap bar in a food processor.
- Take a pan and fill it with 2 quarts water. Put the grated soap in this pan and put to heat. Don’t forget to continuously stir till the grated soap dissolves completely.
- Take a 5 gallon bucket. Put 4.5 gallons of really hot tap water it and stir in 2 cups of borax and 2 cups of Washing Soda until completely dissolved.
- Pour soap mixture from pan into 5-gallon bucket. Mix well.
- Cover and leave overnight.
- Shake and pour into bottles or containers.
- Use 1/2 cup liquid soap per load.
__Recipe 3: Homemade Laundry Soap recipe Ingredients: 1 bar soap, 1 cup washing soda, 1 cup of borax, 20 drops of lemon or lime essential oils and 1 cup of oxygen booster
- Grate the soap using a food processor.
- Carefully mix with the washing soda and borax
- Add lemon or essential oils and stir well.
- Store in an air-tight glass jar.
- Add 1 tablespoon of oxygen booster.
- Use 1.5 tablespoons per load.
__Recipe 4: Homemade Carrot & Honey Soap Recipe Ingredients: 12 ounces coconut oil, I ounce mango butter, 18 ounces olive oil, 6 ounces palm kernel oil, 5 ounces palm fruit oil, 6.5 ounces of lye, 4-5 ounces freshly pressed carrot, 13 ounces of water, ½ tablespoon honey, 10 drops carrot seed oil, 1 tablespoon rosehip oil and 1/2 tablespoon tamanu oil.
- Mix all the ingredients in a large bowl
- Now put the soap mixer in the greased wooden box mold so that the proper shape of the soap can be formed.
- Cover it with a blanket and Leave it overnight.
- Now, when the mold gets solid, take it out and carefully cut into shapes of soap bars.
__Recipe 5: Homemade Natural Clay Soap Recipe Clay soaps are great. They not only leave the skin clean but also help in itching and inflamed skin conditions. They can also be used as a complexion bar to gently cleanse acne prone skin.
Ingredients: 3 ounces Avocado Oil, 8 ounces Coconut Oil, 12 ounces Olive Oil, 2 ounces Shea Butter, 6 ounces Sunflower Oil, 1 to 2 tablespoons peppermint essential oil, 4.3 ounces lye (6% superfat), 8 to 12 ounces water or liquid, Brazilian clay, Bentonite clay & activated charcoal
Just before creating a mix of Iye Solution, prepare the following solutions in 3 separate bowls:
- 1 tsp Brazilian clay with 2 tsp water
- 1 tsp activated charcoal + 2 tsp water
1 tsp bentonite clay + 2 or 3 tsp water
- Stir the bentonite clay into one part of the soap mixture, the brazillian clay into the second, and the activated charcoal into the third portion.
- Establish your funnel in the middle and keep pouring each color in one by one until the soap mixture is all poured.
- Keep it untouched overnight.
- When the mixture gets solid, take it out and carefully cut into shapes of soap bars.
So, these were some wonderful homemade soap recipes that are not only healthy but can also help you with any soap irritation symptoms.
Well, if you have no time or desire to make your own laundry detergent, there is no need to lose your heart. You can always purchase a great natural brand like Cleancult!You have a lot of things going on in your life, why make Laundry one of them????