How to Get Rid of Wrinkles Easily
By: The Cleancult Team
December 28, 2017
We usually don’t realize our shirts, pants or other clothes are covered with wrinkles until the last minute or as we are literally running out of our houses or apartments. Getting rid of wrinkles in such a short amount of time may prove to be a difficult if not impossible task. Nevermind if you’re traveling out of town and don’t have your trusty iron or steamer with you, your clothes will be wrinkled for sure! So to all those people that need to get rid of wrinkles fast and easily, we bring you these quick tips to remove and prevent bothersome wrinkles.
- Use a hair dryer - If you’re in a rush to leave but realize your shirt is wrinkled, don’t panic! Instead, lay it out on a flat surface, like a table or a clean floor, and run your hair dryer one to two inches over the front and back wrinkled clothing article. The heat will make the wrinkles disappear in no time. Yay!
- Steam in the shower/bathroom - This trick is especially useful for when you are travelling outside of your home. If you’re planning on wearing something that has wrinkled in your suitcase or handbag, hang it up in the bathroom while you shower with all of the doors and windows sealed. Leave enough space so that your clothes may stretch. When you get out, the wrinkles will have softened completely. Just tug gently on your garments to make them disappear. Remember to hang the clothing item as close as possible to the steam.
- Use a damp towel - On a flat surface, stretch out the piece of clothing, put a damp towel over it and press down firmly to make deep creases disappear. Afterwards, just hang out your clothes to dry. Done!Dry towel
- White Vinegar - Even though there are many mainstream products available to “spray iron” your clothes, you may want to try a less harmful/more natural alternative. White vinegar is the perfect, cheap, gentle, and chemical-free alternative to remove wrinkles from your clothes. Mix a solution of 1-part vinegar to 3-parts water and fill a spray bottle with it. Then, mist your garment and let it dry out. We stand by the cleaning properties of vinegar, it's one of the most versatile products in your kitchen!
- Throw it in the dryer! - If your clothing item is dryer safe, spray it with water and throw it in the dryer with another damp item (like a sock). You can also throw in one or two ice cubes. When they melt, they give off a steam effect. Spin for about 15 minutes, and most of the creases should be gone.
- Flat iron your collars - If you're just running out the door and realize you have a crinkle in your collar, you don't need to take out your iron and ironing board (such a hassle!). All you need to do is turn on your flat iron (maybe it's already hot!) and give it a quick crisp up. Just make sure the straightener is free of any loose hairs or products, and that you’re mindful of the heat setting so as not to damage your clothes. Done!
- Just add water - For minor wrinkles, use your fingers to sprinkle water on your garment, then gently tug to loosen the fibers and eliminate wrinkles. Hang to dry.
If you’re packing bags for a trip and want to prevent wrinkles and creases from forming we recommend that you roll your clothes tightly instead of folding them. This has two advantages! First, it takes up much less space than folded clothes, so you’ll actually have more space in your bags, and your clothes will be ready to wear as soon as you arrive at your destination.
So now that you know these tricks, never panic again when seeing wrinkles on your clothes just as you’re running out to an important meeting, interview or event. Take a deep breath and easily get rid of those wrinkles.