Laundry Hacks That Will Make You Say ‘Life’s Good!’
We can all agree that nothing sucks more than wearing proudly a white shirt to a BBQ and then getting that red-ish, delicious, and messy BBQ sauce all over it. We instantly think: “Oh no. Shirt ruined for life. This one will never look the same again.” We stress over it during the BBQ and then stress over it when washing it with the best laundry detergent we can find. However, what would you say if you knew awesomely efficient laundry hacks that will make any stain disappear? We’re not talking about any homemade laundry detergent recipe or cloth dryer sheets tutorials. Today we talk about laundry hacks that will help you deal with a couple different stains, problems and mishaps, so save that liquid detergent for the machine washing and focus on these tips.
- Use the power of the sun!
- Some people swear by the healing powers of the sun, others swear by its cleaning powers. To use this star’s power to eliminate stains, simply get the garment really wet, spray the stain directly with either a little vinegar water, lemon water or a mix of diluted hydrogen peroxide or oxygen bleach, and leave to dry in the sun for a couple of hours.
- Use white bread to clean up lipstick
- Cut off the crust, wad up the soft center into a ball, then blot. Anything that remains should come out in the washer. It’s like using a natural laundry detergent!
- Quickly eliminate grass stains
- Mix 2 tbsp hydrogen peroxide and 1 tbsp dish soap and treat the stain(s) with the mixture. Afterwards, wash as you regularly would do.
- Use chalk for grease stains
- Simply rub the chalk onto greasy stains, and the powder will absorb the oil.
- Use lemon juice for pit stains
- We know that summer is the sweatiest season and sometimes not even the best high efficiency detergent can get rid of pit stains. But have you tried Our Ingredients Page? Try a mix of equal parts lemon juice and water, spray on the stains, and then throw the shirts in the washer.
- Vinegar rocks!
- Add a cup of vinegar to your wash of towels, workout clothes or any other foul-smelling garments to remove those odors! (No, your clothes will not smell like vinegar afterwards)
- Baking soda whitens clothes.
- Add between ½ cup and 1 cup of baking soda to your load of laundry (depending on how much clothes you are dealing with) before adding your detergent. Baking soda acts as a whitening agent and is not as damaging to your or the environment as bleach and works with any kind of detergent, even with natural laundry pods.
- How To Wash Lingerie And Underwear
- Tired of losing socks? Toss them all up in a lingerie bag when washing and drying. We guarantee all of them will be washed and dried.
- Not today!
- Are you the type of person that always forgets when How To Preserve Printed Shirts a specific garment and it ends up shrinking or losing its color? Tru using a dry-erase marker to write on your dryer which clothes you shouldn’t put in! (Memory hack!)
- No dryer sheet? No problem!
- A crumpled-up ball of aluminum foil acts as a great substitute to fabric softener dryer sheets. Simply crunch the sheet up into a small ball and throw it in with your wet laundry. It will not only do the trick, but it’s reusable!
- Clothes shrunk? Try conditioner!
- Simply fill a bowl with warm water, add a splash of conditioner and soak your garment in the mix. After leaving it there for an hour take it out, wring the excess water and stretch it to its original shape. That should do the trick!
These hacks are our gifts to you. We hope they made your life easier and happier, because they sure helped us!