The Most Delicate Laundry Detergent
So you are a clean person, who is always concerned about the cleanliness of your clothes? You would have an idea of what a hassle it is to use the right detergent for the right clothes. While towels and even some sheet material are tough enough to deal with very fiery washing, there are a few materials to pay special mind to. There are delicate fabrics like silk, wool, embroidered dresses or expensive net brasseries. These delicate clothes are liable to damages once they spin in the washing machine with a harsh detergent. These clothes need to be separated from others and are to be washed with a delicate detergent.
There is a wide variety of detergents available out there in the market. Each of these claims to suit best for your delicate clothes. Yet, every now and then you end up having one of your super expensive dresses fade and deteriorate after washing. The regular laundry leaves disastrous results on your pricey delicate clothes. Sick of all these issues you keenly look for better and delicate detergents. Remember, a delicate fabric or cloth requires a delicate detergent. So today, we are discussing what attributes you should consider before getting your hands on your delicate clothes during laundry:
Decide if the detergent is delicate or not?
While choosing the detergent you must first check the label on it. Try to find the one with “100% silk or wool”. These detergents are specifically designed for clothes that are liable to damages. Do not fall for the ones with “For hand washing clothes” or anything similar. These detergents are chemically designed to wash clothes outside a washing machine but do not guarantee a no-damage wash to every fabric.
This is the critical stage. Here are a few ingredients you should have a look at, while choosing a delicate detergent for your specific delicate garment:
- Protease - Protease is a protein-digest enzyme. Its presence or a considerable concentration in your detergent might break down protein based fibers in your delicate garments. The kind of fabrics that it might damage are, silk and wool. And we understand how expensive both of them are. Hence, while washing these fabrics you should always choose a detergent with very low or no percentage of protease it in. Cleancult is the non-toxic delicate detergent that will cause absolutely no damage to your silk and woolen garments.
- PH Level - The soaps that were originally made were extremely basic. The pH level indicates how basic or acidic a solution is. If your detergent has a low pH that means it is very acidic. If the number is higher, it is very basic. The more basic it is, the harsher it is for your clothes. Hence, you should go for a detergent which has a neutral or low pH level.
- Preservatives - Okay we do understand preservatives play a vital role in a lot of things, like food. But that is not the case with detergents. Preservatives keep your detergent bacteria free. However, some preservative like Methylisothiazolinone can cause damage to your clothes. So for your delicate clothes, choose a detergent with low or no presence of Methylisothiazolinone.
- Surfactant - A surfactant is an acronym for ‘surface active agent’. In your detergent, they play a vital role of removing oil-like stains from your clothes. However, some surfactants can be harmful to your delicate garments. These include Sodium lauryl sulfate and Sodium lauryl ethyl sulfate. So you should look out for their concentration in your delicate detergent.
- Fragrances - We realize you adore your clothes when they smell refreshing after laundry. But for the sake of up-keeping of your clothes, you can avoid the scents. A delicate detergent should contain low or no perfumes at all.
Thus, to enjoy the benefits that comes with a non-toxic detergent, subscribe to the Cleancult Box today. Not only will it be soft on your laundry but will keep it with the same delicacy as it is!