Uses For Dryer Sheets
Dryer sheets are like magic for laundry. What Do Dryer Sheets Do with your load may actually make your clothes softer and remove static! But, dryer sheets aren’t just for laundry anymore. You can do so much more.
There are two main types of dryer sheets. One is manufactured with a polyester substrate non-woven base and the other has a cellulose base that can be recycled as a paper product. There is a wide array of scents available and there are, of course, unscented varieties. But, apart from leaving your clothes feeling better than ever after throwing them in a tumble dryer, what else can you do with dryer sheets? Here are 10 cool uses for dryer sheets!
- Scrubbing pots and pans with stuck-on food - This one is simple. If you have a pot or pan with stucked-on or baked-on food, just place a dryer sheet on it and fill the pan or pot with hot water. Let the pan soak overnight. In the morning, wipe it with the dryer sheet and wash as you regularly would.
- Freshening stinky shoes or sneakers - Place a dryer sheet in each tennis shoe and leave it overnight. The sheet will absorb the odor and leave the shoe smelling fresh - ar at least more fresh than before.
- Getting rid of static cling - We have all dealt with socks or underwear stuck to our clothes or pants legs sticking to our body. This is due to static electricity in the garments. To remove this, simply rub a dryer sheet on your problematic piece of clothing and done!
- Sewing made easier! - When you are ready to start hand sewing or doing needlework, run the thread between a folded dryer sheet to keep it tangle-free.
- Freshen luggage, gym bags and drawers - When you pack your luggage, either before or after your trip, throw in a dryer sheet for extra freshness. It will get rid of unwanted odors. This works well on gym bags and drawers, too!
- Cleaning screens - Dryer sheets are a great solution to cleaning your television or computer screens and getting rid of that bothersome dust. The silicon coating on the dryer sheet will pick up dust and help to reduce static.
- Remove gunk and debris from your dryer drum and iron - If after cleaning and drying your clothes you find yourself with the horror of melted gum or stickers inside the drum of your dryer, wet a dryer sheet and scrub away! The fabric softener in a dryer sheet and its texture will help to clean the gunk without damaging your drum. The same technique works on your iron! No more messy dryers.
- Freshening a trash can - Place a dryer sheet at the bottom of your trash can before placing an empty trash bag.
- Cleaning your car - Yes, dryer sheets can even help you to keep your car clean and bug-free. Simply wet a dryer sheet and use it to wipe away bugs in your windshield or the grill of your car. The fabric is abrasive enough to scrub away the insects but not so harsh as to damage the finish.
- Bug repellent - We’re not entirely sure on this one, but it couldn’t hurt! Use dryer sheets to wipe through your body while outdoors to keep bugs off!
Even though some sites talk about using dryer sheets to pick up your pet’s hair or wiping the sheets on your pet’s fur to calm them down, we advise against this because of Are Dryer Sheets Toxic For Pets
You don’t need the best dryer sheets on the market for these easy life hacks (although it definitely wouldn’t hurt!). You could even use baby dryer sheets, if that’s what you have lying around your house. Because all dryer sheets contain some form of fabric softener, anyone will do perfectly for these hacks. So grab your dryer sheet box from the laundry and get to cleaning!