Pets are not just animals, they are part of our families. Just like with any other member, we all want what is best for our pets, which definitely includes keeping them away from any potential dangers. So why would you bring home dangerous chemicals and products that can harm your dog? It’s important to do your homework, inspect every cleaner and determine what cleaning products are safe for dogs.
First, think of the different cleaning products which might affect your dog: multi surface cleaners, floor cleaners, laundry detergents. Why? Well, keep in mind that dogs tend to lick/eat anything in the house and then use their mouths to clean themselves, which increases the potential to ingest a potentially harmful substance that comes into contact with their fur or paws. In general terms, it’s definitely better (both for your family and pets) to use cleaners with biodegradable ingredients in any enclosed space. However, for those instances that you do need to use chemicals, you should read all the labels carefully so that you know the dangers associated with that specific chemical, the correct ways to handle it, and any precautions you should follow.
Using a pet-safe, green cleaning products is not only pet-friendly, but it’s also environmentally and home-friendly, too! So, without further ado, check out these 7 cleaning products that are both incredibly effective and safe for your dogs:
Cleancult's All Purpose Cleaner
- Made with biodegradable ingredients, this all purpose cleaner works to clean any surface, flooring, and walls without harming anyone in your family (including your dogs!). It’s available in an orange zest scent and has the option to be refilled monthly!
Puracy's Carpet and Upholstery Cleaner
- This is a pate safe carpet cleaner that can be used on carpets, furniture, and any other upholstery on which your dog can (and will) pee on. https://www.rover.com/blog/product/B018630J80/US/rove05-20/
Clean + green pet-safe carpet cleaner - Another great and safe carpet cleaner. To clean stains, simply pour a little on the stain. No need to scrub, soak, or rinse!
Cleancult laundry detergent tablets
- Need to wash your dogs towels, beds, or (maybe) clothing? Always use a nontoxic and safe laundry detergent! Our laundry tablets are a great option to keep your dog safe and the environment happy! One tablet is enough for even the toughest stains!
Nature’s Miracle Stain and Odor Remover
- Something smells fishy? Time to hit stains with this awesome stain and odor remover! Nothing like a fresh and clean apartment!
- This magic solution not only has great odor absortion powers, but it also makes a great stain remover! Just combine with warm water to make a paste or with vinegar for extra cleaning power.
- You might think that it smells...not great...but vinegar actually helps clothes to lose those funky, sweaty and gross smells. It also helps to clean floors and surfaces. It really is a miracle cleaner! Bonus: combine with baking soda and make a powerful cleaner!
Image Credit: Well Pet